Thursday, March 7, 2024

Kingdom of Colton- Chapter 7 Coda

 


“Farmboy’s is a bit longer, when it’s happy. But yours is quite grand, too, Donal.” Elyse contemplated the anatomy of the two guardsmen, now that their appetites had temporarily been quelled by her clever hands. “It’s a shame I can’t take it further. I’ll have to find a way to get that bittekwort on the sly.” 


“Lady, please. Have you not seen enough?” Donal complained. “If we don’t put them away and pull up our trousers, we’ll be discovered. I’m too handsome to be hanged.”

Elyse stood. “That you are. Fine, then, hitch up and ruin a lady’s fun. I trust you both know better than to speak a word to anyone.”

“Yes, mum.” Miles spoke, almost inaudibly.


Donal was a bit bolder. “It’s a dangerous game you play, Lady Elyse. If you get caught, they’ll switch your bare arse and send you to a temple. But if we get caught, it’s the gallows.”

“Don’t fuss, sweet Donal. My father is more understanding than most, and we’re unlikely to ever get caught. Next time, we’ll be a bit more daring, my brave guards. Next time, I’ll have the damn herb on me so there won’t be any risk. And next time, you’ll return the favor I did you. Now be off.”

No comments:

Post a Comment