Sunday, March 10, 2024

Kingdom of Colton- Chapter 12 Coda

 


“That wasn’t so bad now, was it, lads?” Sandra washed herself vigorously as she spoke. “We’d a bit of fun, yes?”

Both minstrels, having given their best performances for the second time on this journey, remained thoroughly spent. Ponce smiled like a cat whose appetite had been sated. “If that was all you wanted from us, Goodwife, all you had to do was ask. There was no need for the deception.”
“Sandy will do fine. No need for the formality now.”

“But why?” Tobin asked. “Why the need to threaten us with the Guard?”

“Makes it a bit spicier, doesn’t it? There’s more incentive to do a good job.”


“I suppose.” Tobin responded. “Your tastes are a bit… exotic, shall we say? And you’re a married woman. Without the deception, we would probably have declined.”

“Exotic tastes? I like it. I just like certain things… that Goodman Arik doesn’t do for me anymore. And I have a fondness for minstrels.”


“So then… is our bill settled?”

“Yes. Gods, yes, you both did masterfully. I won’t keep you any longer; I’m off to the herbalist to make sure I’m not with child. Good luck at the festival, and remember to make the Inn at the Crossroads your in of choice when traveling south of Kayradan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment