Monday, March 4, 2024

Bold Brenna- Chapter 2 Coda




A bit later, they sat side-by-side on the bed.
“Well.” Elysia murmured. “Ten years have taught you much. Did you come all this way just to show me that… what did you call it?”

“The Donn Fishwive’s Clamcatcher. And no. I promised to return to you, Elysia.”

“Must we go down this path, Bren? I cannot defy my father, and there’s nothing you can do to halt the inevitable.”

“Mayhaps not. But at least I send you on your way to the marriage bed with the confidence that that fat fool will never reach the places that I did.”

“Brenna.”


“You came all this distance, under pain of death, just to… take my maidenhead? You are a strange creature, Brenna.”

“It was worth it. It’s a small thing that I took from Darron for all that he took from me.”


The door burst open, and Steyr and Jeth Coalheart stormed into the room. “I knew I heard her voice!” Coalheart exclaimed.


Elysia huffed. “Get out, cur! You have no right!"


The sneer plastered on Coalheart’s face seemed to Brenna just a bit more sardonic than usual. “So you rejected my troth… thrice… but you’ll roll in the sheets with this abomination of the gods? You disgust me, Elysia.”


“It might have been because you don’t know how to please a woman. Or maybe it’s because I don’t like men.”

“Move aside, Elysia.” Coalheart ordered. “This bitch is going in her kennel.”


In contrast to Coalheart, Steyr only looked on soberly. “Don’t try it, Brenna. Even you aren’t that fast.” Not bluster, not braggadocio, just cold reality, as if he were stating the hour. If rumor could be believed, Steyr was one of Darron’s deadliest enforcers, and he’s already put seven men and three women in the ground. 

Here they were, he holding his well-used spear unwaveringly and she with her ass and cunt bare to the world, her sword just out of reach. She hesitated for only a moment.


“No, I’m not that fast. You have me. I yield.”

No comments:

Post a Comment